The Embassy of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg in Abu Dhabi is recruiting an Administrative Assistant (part-time - 5h per day) for the duration of 8 months (fixed-term contract) to join its team starting September 1st, 2021.
The successful candidate will be required to provide secretarial and administrative support to the staff of the Embassy in their daily work in preparation for, and especially during Expo 2020 Dubai. The successful candidate will be a motivated and committed team player with a high sense of initiative and responsibility, combined with a proven capacity to multi-task in a busy and demanding environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic, French and English are a requirement for this position.
More information on the position and how to apply can be found below, or by clicking here.
Deadline for applications: 23rd May 2021
Job description - Roles and Responsibilities:
The Administrative assistant will be required to provide secretarial and administrative support to the staff of the Embassy in their daily work in preparation for, and during Expo 2020 Dubai. This includes the following tasks:
- Support the Personal Assistant of the Ambassador and the Administrative Officer in all the administrative aspects of planning and organisation of Embassy events and initiatives
- Prepare and send internal and external correspondence, including translation into and from Arabic
- Liaise with UAE authorities, diplomatic missions and other local organisations
- Perform research on matters related to Embassy activities
- File/archive paperwork and documentation
- Deal with visitors of the Embassy and with calls by telephone and email queries
- Contribute to specific projects or assignments according to the various needs of the Embassy in preparation of, and for the duration of Expo 2020
Candidate profile - Qualifications and experience:
- Fluency in Arabic, English and French, both orally and written. Any other language is a plus
- Must have completed at least a secondary level degree
- Minimum of 2 (two) years of relevant work experience (secretariat, administration)
- Motivated and committed team player with a high sense of initiative and responsibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and able to work with tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word etc.)
- 1st of September 2021
Compensation and terms:
- Part time position (5 hours per day)
- 8 months fixed-term contract (1st September 2021 to 30 April 2022).
- Salary according to local regulations
- Pension Benefits
- Candidates must already have a visa and health insurance
If you fulfill the above criteria and are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and diplomas to email@example.com before 23 May 2021 clearly stating “LUX - Administrative Assistant Expo2020” in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an assessment and interview.